The Sherwood Cruisers Car Club will provide a $500 scholarship to a Sherwood High School graduating student (or students) who will enter an accredited college degree program, technological institute or trade school in the United States. This scholarship can be used for Automotive Technology (including Motorcycle Technology), Automotive Engineering and/or Industrial Technology (as it applies to the automotive industry) degrees. Additionally, applicants may apply to a trade or vocational school as it applies to the Industrial Arts program.
The Sherwood Cruisers Scholarship is available to a student (or students) with the following qualifications:
- A current year Sherwood High School graduating senior.
- A 2.8 or higher GPA (on a 4 point scale).
- Demonstrates a history of commitment to their community through leadership activities, community service and/or work experience.
- Provides supporting documentation/examples of active participation in an automotive, industrial or mechanical course in high school or vocational school while attending SHS.
- Scholarship awards may be used at any accredited two or four year college, university, technical or trade school within the United States.
- Scholarship funds must be used in conjunction with efforts to acquire a degree in Automotive Technology (including Motorcycle Technology), Automotive Engineering and/or Industrial Technology (as it applies to the automotive industry) which are approved by the Sherwood Cruisers Scholarship committee.
- Scholarship funds must be used for the school year immediately following the student's graduation from Sherwood High School.
- Scholarship funds may be applied to the cost of tuition, fees, books, lab fees, tools, computers and/or required class supplies.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain this award as long as the degree topic remains the same.
- Students must be registered and submit proof of enrollment to release scholarship funds.
- Funds not requested by May 30 of the following scholarship award year will be withdrawn from the recipient.
- Applications will be accepted between January 1 and April 30 of the graduating senior year. Awards will be announced the 1st week of June of the graduation year.
- Applicant must provide a 300+ word essay describing their passion for vehicle assembly/restoration, racing activities or mechanical and/or industrial interests along with this application. The applicant must have applied their skills to one of these endeavors and must describe in detail their successes and challenges applying their skills to these topics. The applicant must include the reasons why they should be awarded this scholarship.
|Download the Application (Adobe PDF Format)|
All Sherwood Cruisers Scholarship programs are funded by the the Sherwood Cruisers Car Club. The selection and administration of this program is the sole responsibility of the officer's and member's committees of the Sherwood Cruisers Car club. The Sherwood Cruisers Car Club is an equal opportunity organization.